Our vision is for every orphan and vulnerable child in South Africa to have a loving and caring family, where they can be equipped to realize their
Mosaic developed a COVID-19 strategy to respond to the needs of our beneficiaries, whilst ensuring that we are still working towards our vision and still reaching our goals as an organization.
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our beneficiaries and staff is a priority for us. COVID-19 safety procedures have been put in place at each center as our staff returned to work on the 1st of June. We will not be opening our centers to our beneficiaries at full capacity, we have developed schedules where smaller groups of beneficiaries can be accommodated.
We also extended the Relief Phase to Level 3 of the National Lockdown, but we are strengthening this phase through the following activities:
1. Mosaic families are contacted weekly, via telephone, to make sure they were doing well physically and emotionally. Where needs are identified, interventions will be arranged.
2. Facilitators are preparing educational activity packs for each beneficiary to address their specific educational needs. These packs will be marked, and feedback provided on these activities. New activity pack will be prepared, which will build on the previous activity.
3. We developed family-based activities, which guides families to engage with each other in new ways, strengthening family bonds and creating the opportunity for quality family time.
4. Through our WhatsApp-groups we are disseminating accurate information on COVID-19 and we use this platform to dispel any false news or misinformation we become aware of.
5. Ensuring that our families have access to food and necessities remains a priority. We will continue to provide food relief regularly.
The Mosaic Model
Mosaic serves beneficiaries at various sites across South Africa. Our beneficiaries are divided into families, orphaned and vulnerable children and parents.
Sustainable Job Creation
Become part of the Mosaic Story
By volunteering, donating and even shopping you can make a difference in the lives of our families. Click on the option you would like to explore and we will be in touch.
Contact Us Today
©2018 Mosaic: Piecing Lives Together. All rights reserved.